Saturday, August 13, 2005

 

"I pounded him flatter than... aluminum foil..."

It was a hot day in Cincinnati Saturday and Gunnar Gunnarsson was even hotter. While temperatures hovered near the century mark, Gunnarsson exploded over the back nine and left Ross in the dust at Harbin Park. Gunnarsson finished an impressive 4 under with Ross six strokes back at 2 over. A series of four birdies in six holes, culminating with an impressive fifteen-foot putt on 18, put the finishing touches on one of Gunnarsson's best outings.

The flamboyant Gunnarsson, who has become something of a Charles Barkley-like figure in the world of disc golf, was exuberant in the press conference following the match.

"I pounded him flatter than a sheet of aluminum foil under Michael Moore's mattress," the self-proclaimed "bad boy" of disc golf stated. "I was hoping not only to demoralize and humiliate him, but to use my 'shock and awe' drives off the tee to destroy his will to live. It looks like I succeeded."

Later a reporter asked Gunnarsson about his reputation as the "bad boy" of disc golf and whether children who watched on television might imitate his raucous behavior. Gunnarsson exploded, "I'm not a f***ing role model, get it, dumbs**t? You a*****es make me sick." and stormed out of the room.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?